Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy 2013 - Let's Get This Year Started!

Happy New Year!

I was excited to get the first block in Elizabeth's Lucky Stars BOM this morning and thought I'd get right to it.  But I also wanted to at least get started on the Monthly Woodland Sampler from The Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery so I picked out my embroidery floss (I'm a bit off on some of the colors, but they're so close I can't imagine anyone is going to be disappointed).  Then I stitched the wee-est bit of the first frame.  (That one might not make it through the year, but maybe I should give it another week . . . )

I was happy to see everyone's postings about everything they did in 2012.  Made me feel somewhat inadequate.  I went through my photos and pulled out everything I'd worked on last year.  Its a pretty good group of stuff.  But the quilty things did not reflect a lot of finishes!

I see that Carrie is hosting Nothing But UFOs in 2013 so I took out my box of UFOs, photographed them, and then decided which ones I (really) want to get done.  She wants us to list three for January.  Here they are:

Quilt for Baby V

1.  Well, that could be a better picture, but I'd like to get this post done :)  This is a quilt I'm making for my youngest niece's first child, a girl.  I must complete it soon.  To be fair, I only just started it right after she was born on Nov. 30.  I put the border on and quilted half of it today so I should be able to finish it this week.



2.  My first attempt at HSTs.  No pattern so I didn't make it wide enough.  I really like the fabrics but don't have enough of these specific ones to add columns.  But I want to finish it anyway.



3.  And last is this quilt top which I made using Ashley's (Film in the Fridge) Scrappy Triangles Tutorial.  I didn't have many scraps when I made it, and many of the ones I had I didn't like.  But I still like the way the top looks (even though its sideways in this picture - Flickr wouldn't let me copy the one I had edited) and it should be made into a real quilt.

So that's my list for this month!  I'm going to be doing (trying, I mean) more than UFOs this year, but I'd like to clear out the UFOs.

I didn't work on the Lucky Stars Block of the Month.  But I did make my very first Swoon block!




All the best to all of you - thanks for your help and for stopping by!

Holli


9 comments:

  1. These are all lovely projects and it is so nice to see all the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found your blog, and I'm so glad I did. Love the UFOs that you are finishing up. You have an impressive stash for living on a boat. :) I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh lovely - these are great wips to start on! And Swoon?! Can't wait to see that - still one of my very favs. I'm still waiting on my supplies for the Woodlands project...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Carrie sent us over!!!
    Did I read that you made your first quilt in 2011? You really have some beautiful things you've made. That pillow down below is amazing!
    Anyway, nice to meet you and good luck with the ufo-along!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lynn, Enjoyed reading your blog and welcome to blogland. I will be following you as the days go by and look forward to hearing about your quilting adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love them all! Good luck accomplishing your January goals!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, what pretty quilts you have been working on so far. So glad to linked up to my blog and I look forward to seeing what you accomplish. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i came from carrie, too, intrigued by your sewing on the boat! so, i've brwsed your blog, like your style and am now a follower. may i ask, how long have you lived on your boat and where do you boat? along time ago, my late hubby and i decided we could live on a boat, gave our big house to our daughter, sold our summer house to my sis and her hubby and bought a bigger boat. well, not that big ... a 38 med, drove it up the west coast, through the insided passage of southeast alaska, across the gulf of alaska to seward. the next spring, it was back to juneau where hubby worked his last four years and we toured and fished all the channels. then, it was back to seward on hes retirement where we fished and spent a lot of time with the cga. it wasn't 'til hubby passed and i sold the boat and got a little house in seward that i took up quilting. but those 11 years on the boat were the very best! it sounds like you, too, are very happy on your boat!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, Carrie sent me over. Welcome to the blogging world! Love the first little baby quilt:)

    ReplyDelete